Dr. Forley provides the convenience and privacy of an office based surgery facility for his cosmetic surgery patients. His facility is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit organization, founded in 1951, that strives to improve healthcare outcomes by developing the highest standards for quality and safety in the delivery of health care. Accreditation means that Dr. Forley’s office based surgery facility regularly undergoes a challenging and comprehensive evaluation by an independent reviewer who visits the facility.
By setting expectations that are reasonable, achievable and surveyable, The Joint Commission provides the foundation of a process that helps health care organizations measure, assess and improve performance. Input from multiple sources is used in the ongoing development of new standards related to patient safety or quality of care that will have a positive impact on health outcomes. The on-site survey process focuses on evaluating actual care processes by tracing patients through the care, treatment and services they received. The review monitors how well the following key components are met prior to the awarding of Joint Commission accreditation:
- a safe environment is provided for your care
- you are educated about the risks and options for your diagnosis and treatment
- your rights as a patient, including your privacy rights, are protected
- your condition, before, during, and after diagnosis and treatment is properly evaluated
- appropriate procedures are in place to protect you against infection
- preparation for emergency situations are of the highest standard
Although the majority of Dr. Forley’s cosmetic surgery procedures are performed in his office surgery facility, he also has hospital privileges at Beth Israel Medical Center, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, and St. Luke’s – Roosevelt Hospital Center. Both office and hospital options are available to all patients, and will be discussed during your consultation.