Ultherapy® is a new type of non-surgical treatment that uses ultrasound energy to safely lift and tone the skin without any downtime. The ultrasound image on the viewing screen allows Dr. Forley to see precisely at what level the energy is being delivered. The focused sound waves create targeted heating of the deep layers of the face and neck that have lost their elasticity and firmness over time. Because the sound waves pass directly below the surface of the skin, the deep support layer responsible for sagging is tightened without disrupting the skin. Following an Ultherapy® treatment, improvements are visible immediately with some contraction and firming but the building of new collagen occurs gradually over the two to three months that follow treatment. The combination of contraction of the tissues and new collagen formation can counter the effects of gravity on the skin and achieve significant lifting results. Although the results do not duplicate those of surgery, the visible improvements of Ultherapy® make it a compelling option for those who are not ready to undergo a more extensive procedure.
Dr. Forley speaks about the Ultherapy® procedure.
59 year old female discusses her results following Ultherapy® of the face, neck, and brow.
More About Ultherapy®:
- A full face and neck Ultherapy® treatment takes 60 minutes, and there is no associated downtime; a partial face treatment can take as little as 30 minutes.
- No anesthesia is required. You will be given pre-medication to help reduce the variable amount of discomfort that occurs during the procedure. There is no pain after the procedure is completed. Mild short-term tingling and minor redness that may occur will usually resolve within one hour. There is no aftercare necessary and you may resume normal activities following your treatment.
- Improvements can begin immediately with some contraction and firming. Similar to building muscle with exercise, the deposition of new collagen occurs gradually over 2-3 months after treatment. Clinical studies demonstrate consistent lifting of the brow after just one treatment, creating a more open look to the eyes.
- More significant facial and neck sagging may require an additional treatment after 3-6 months.
- The duration of results can vary but you can generally expect up to 2 years of benefits from Ultherapy®.
- Ultherapy® can be combined with other non-surgical treatments, such as injectable fillers, and Fraxel® laser to enhance results.
The Science Behind Ulthera® Focused Ultrasound Therapy
Heat generated by the technology in Ultherapy® is the product of an ultrasound field that creates friction between molecules by producing vibration within the tissue. The mechanical energy is absorbed and leads to the secondary generation of heat. The deep tissue point of energy delivery is assessed with ultrasound imaging before the system is activated. This enables a matrix of thermocoagulation points, at defined depths, to be administered in a precise and safe manner. Thermal coagulation of the tissue occurs at 65-70°C without ablating or vaporizing it. The focused nature of the energy selectively affects only the region within the treatment zone while the surrounding area is preserved. Dr. Forley chooses the specific depths of energy delivery for customization of the treatment to meet your needs. Contraction of the tissue is evident at the time of treatment and the wound healing response that is initiated results in the formation of new collagen over a span of 60-90 days.
Selection based on peer-review survey conducted by Castle Connolly.
Survey recipients are asked to nominate those doctors who, in their judgment, are the best in their field.
Nominators are asked to take into account professional qualifications, reputation, and skills in dealing with patients.
The authoritative guide to finding highly qualified physicians throughout the New York region.
Doctors are selected based on nominations by their peers and reviewed by Castle Connolly's physician-directed research team.
UK-based Tatler discussed Dr. Forley in its 2008 Beauty and Cosmetic Surgery Guide as one of the "A-list of cosmetic surgeons"..."who are at the top of their game"...and whose "innovations are shaping the art of cosmetic surgery around the world." It was noted that Dr. Forley's "discreet Upper East Side clinic is perfect for women and men in search of minimally invasive natural-looking surgery. He was trained in France and the UK and has a straightforward, gentle, less-is-more approach. He uses the intimidating-sounding MACS-lift (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension), which is an ingenious short-scar method. A small incision is placed just above where the ear meets the hairline and the cheeks and jowls are gently pulled up. He makes sure the skin is in great shape by using the Fraxel laser for resurfacing and combines it with expertly placed fillers like Sculptra to maximise his results. He also does Juvederm, Botox and Restylane at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon and Spa on Fifth Avenue. He has been on missions to Asia and Africa, where he has devoted his skills to treat children with facial deformities."
Annual guide to the top 5% of New York City Physicians.
Doctors are selected from ballots sent to over 18,000 New York City physicians.
Identifies those doctors held in highest regard by their peers.